Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
On the Fact Lindsey Clancy Is a Highly Educated Registered Nurse and so the
Odds of Her Truly Believing that Those Small Cuts On Her Wrists and Neck,
Nowhere Near the Carotid and Radial Arteries, Would Have Been a Fruitful
Strategy to Commit Suicide, Are About as Close to Zero as One Could Figure
but Here We Are, Giving Stock to Foolishness, Yet Again
-
It's the same thing with her jumping out of a one story building knowing
fully well that THIS wouldn't kill her, either. Of course she didn't factor
in the...
9 hours ago

I don't know what to make of his comments re Manning. Perhaps he's trying to distance himself from the young soldier or to protect him by downplaying his involvement. Because of so many other reports I've read, I don't know if I totally trust Assange. Anyway, the part about Manning begins at about 11.55.
ReplyDeleteTennessee, I don't trust him either. His impulses and their consequences are toward anarchy and nihilism. That bothers me. What bothers me more is the ineluctable path my country is going in the direction of militarism and wars it can ill afford. Anything that costs that kind of statecraft (if that's the word for it) some erosion or abrasion or friction or compromise is something I want to support. Stop the warring, then I will be in favor of plugging the leaks.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I read Assange published the code to some computer worm that once inside the mainframe, or source code running something like a nuclear reactor or water plant is damn near impossible to remove without deleteing everything and installing a completely new and untainted program.
ReplyDeleteThat suggests to me a more nihilistic mindset than a crusader for truth and liberty. If that is the case, Assang could still be useful but could end up causing more problems than he helped solve.
That would be going to far. I'll have to track that report down.....
ReplyDeleteVigil, here is the article I got that information from about Assange.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lacuadraonline.com/the-surly-bartender/the-surly-bartender-of-computer-worms-and-wikileaks/
Thanks for the link, Beach. Your point is well taken. Assange is piling up some significant collateral damage. It has to be acknowledged.
ReplyDelete