Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Vigil Is Going on Comment Moderation

I am undergoing shoulder surgery on 27 November.

I have no idea how soon I will be able to resume keyboarding enough to resume as an adequate host. (I floated the idea of hiring a sweet young and capable secretary to move my mouse for me, but that was vetoed by Trophy Wife.)

I always dislike 'Comment Moderation' because it sort of squelches spontaneity of comments in a blog. It basically amounts to 'prior restraint'. I am employing it as the last resort - just as surgery - short of freezing the site completely.

In any event, although remaining open, The Vigil will be on comment moderation for a spell, effective 27 November. Until then, comment moderation shall remain off!

6 comments:

  1. Vigilante, I wish you the best of luck with your surgery on Tuesday. Take care of yourself.

    You are welcome to moderate any long, ranting comments from one of your fans.

    Sorry to hear you need surgery. I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, Big Fella. We'll try to keep it clean while you're gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it goes/went well, Vigilante!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better, managing the pain, and healing fast.

    I've finally got my right middle finger back after six stitches (how funny is that!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for their cards, calls, emails, and comments of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete