Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thank God It's Republican Friday (TGIRF)!

Awarded Belatedly!

Kathy Hilton and her husband, Rick, collectively donated $4,600 to McCain's campaign, according to the Federal Election Commission Web site.

Kathy Hilton is the latest member of the Hilton clan to come out swinging against presidential hopeful John McCain. Specifically, she had a personal reaction to the infamous McCain ad depicting Barack Obama as a mere celebrity.
I've been asked again and again for my response to the now infamous McCain celebrity ad. I actually have three responses.

It is a complete waste of the money John McCain's contributors have donated to his campaign.

It is a complete waste of the country's time and attention at the very moment when millions of people are losing their homes and their jobs.

And it is a completely frivolous way to choose the next President of the United States.
Paris Hilton showed her own disdain for the ad on Thursday in a frosty statement released by her publicist:
Miss Hilton was neither asked, nor did she give permission, for the use of her likeness in the ad, and has no further comment.
My regular Friday GOP-Day feature was delayed this week because of the arrival of Manny Ramirez ...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, they give McCain all that money, and he does an ad suggesting that their daughter Paris is another stupid celebrity. I don't think he'll be getting more money from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My regular Friday GOP-Day feature was delayed this week because of complications in my medical condition (BDS).

    WTF?

    But as for Paris, you know when I have to think about it I actually like Paris and Brittany more than the Bush, Cheney, Romney, Clinton and assorted other political clans. At least Paris and Brittany don't wrap themselves up in the American flag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so busted, Beach!

    I am unabashedly telling the truth about what's delayed this feature. The original post has been updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggle, I hope McCain keeps dissing more of his elitist, clueless supporters. I think most people like or like to judge Brittany and Paris, which is why they are so popular.

    ReplyDelete