Let's review the pages Barack Obama wants to turn:
- A Bush-neoCon stampede into war, based upon the mythology that Saddam was tied to al-Qaeda and had a role in 9/11, that he had VX gas, botulism, mustard gas, sarin and anthrax, and was acquiring nuclear weapons.
- An American invasion of nation that did not attack us, did not threaten us and did not want war with us — to strip it of weapons it did not have.
- 4,416 American KIA, 35,000 WIA, more than 25,000 with life-changing injuries and life-long disabilites.
- $700 billion in treasury squandered with the meter still running on funding the 50,000 troops still garrisoned there..
- Estimates - conservative - of Iraqi war dead run from 70,000 to 100,000.
- Terrorism has returned.
- Iraq’s casualties are back up to where they were before the U.S. surge.
- Electricity is off much of the time.
- Six months after elections, no government exists; no political consensus has emerged. Iraqi statistics dead, wounded, widowed, orphaned, homeless and exiled continue unabated.