Friday, July 27, 2007

G.O.P. Friday! (#1)

The first in a series of efforts to bring us all together for a bi-partisan weekend!

I have always tried to clarify the view point of The Vigil as a non-partisan critic of foreign and domestic policy. I am a small-d democrat and a small-r republican. When it comes to restoring our once-great nation to its previously peerlessly healthy, honorable and esteemed status, I will listen to any one. I never agree with anyone 100% and I can take at least one day out of the week to listen to someone who agrees with (maybe) 50% of my agenda. So, in this spirit of a re-united Americana, I offer . . . .
Congressman Ron Paul (Republican - Texas):

...And Michael Scheuer!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know, Vigil. Not sure being bipartisan pays off. I've sense you have been drawing some personally offensive trolls of late. Anonymous types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I appreciate your bi-artisan effort. But I'm not sure Ron Paul really qualifies. He was the Libertarian Candidate for President last go around (and might be again). He represents an extremely small part of "Republican" thinking.

    I certainly disagree with him strongly in the video you posted.

    But your post did get me to thinking. A really interesting bipartisan ticket would be Mike Gravel and Ron Paul. I'm serious here. These are both deep thinkers who share many views, especially on Iraq.

    Neither is gaining much traction on his own.... but together?

    Thanks for the thought provoking post.

    the Wizard.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of posting on this Ron Paul guy also - he sticks out like a sore thumb over there on the right-hand side of the political aisle.

    I give him credit for not being another fake with a wet index finger.

    He doesn't support stem cell research and he's lousy on environmental issues (5% LCV record).

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I've seen, bipartisanship means only take, not give and take in the GOP playbook.

    ReplyDelete